A year and three months later, this post is finally here! Yay!
It would have been up at the beginning of 2017 but my video software broke in the Christmas holidays just as soon as I’d psyched myself up for the big edit. But now it’s done, uploaded, and waiting for views.
On the first of January 2016, after seeing a similar idea on Facebook, I decided to film one second of video footage every single day for a whole year. So I did. And boy was it harder than I thought it would be. Only filming a second worth of footage sounds like a relatively easy task, and it was. What was difficult was actually remembering to do it and finding something vaguely interesting to film. There were a few times when I would get to the end of the day, about to go to bed, and I suddenly remembered I had completely failed to film anything at all, let along anything interesting (as you will be able to see).
The other thing that was quite tricky was trying not to film things twice. I tried to make sure every shot was unique, but by the time November came around, I had mostly forgotten what I’d filmed in March, a whole 2.102e+7 seconds ago…
One of the things I enjoyed most about making this video was reviewing everything that had happened in 2016 when going through the footage. For many people, 2016 was the year of catastrophes. Meow. But going back through it, it was funny seeing all the great new things that did happen last year…
- It snowed!
- I went to Glasgow to see my very good friendly friend
- I attended the British Juggling Convention
- I finished school
- I ate cake
- I started learning to drive
- I read a lot of books
- I went to Italy!
- I caught up with the family in England
- I tried sushi
- I started two new jobs
- I attended a premiere of a film I worked on in a proper cinema
- And I got to work with professional filmmakers
- I went to the Circus Works festival in Edinburgh and met some awesome people
- One of my best friends started university
- I was involved with another massive Halloween spectacular
- I won a bowling game
- I travelled abroad alone for the first time
- And I went grape picking in France and got to see some old friends
- I swung a lot of fire about
- I had a great Christmas with the family!
And yes, 2016 had its moments: we said goodbye to our dog and Grandad, Trump was elected, and Britain voted to leave the EU. But hey, we live and learn and ultimately came out the other side having been able to eat a lot more comfort cake than we would have done had these things not happened.
Finally, thanking you muchly to all those who appear in the video. Oscars all round. However, if anyone objects to being on screen for a second, do feel free to contact me at: littlemishaps@if-I-remove-you-it-will-spoil-it.com No cake for you…
Anyway, I’m already three months late, and all this waffling isn’t getting anyone to the video any quicker. So here we go. A year of my life in six and a half minutes. I’m not saying it’s going to be interesting, but there’s the occasional giggle worthy clip…
Hoping you enjoyed, dear chums. À bientôt!